Thursday, March 28, 2013

Self-fulfilling Prophecy


Night comes
And I find myself alone.
I know they are out to get me,
But I can’t find my way home.

Knowing does not help,
It only feeds the fear.
Of being destroyed from the inside
Although how is still unclear.

I can’t run, I can’t hide
They’ll get me while I wait
All that I have done
Is sure to seal my fate

Voices tell me who and why
But they do not tell me when
It amazes me each time
How they’re right again and again

I try to be at peace
With whatever is to come,
At least I have a warning
And that does comfort me some.

People say that I know nothing
That it’s part of the disease.
Then why am I so right,
I ask you, tell me please?

Now it all comes to be -
They are here for me at last.
Although I knew it all before
The time for help has passed.

-03.28.13

No comments:

Post a Comment