Monday, March 11, 2013

Always Remember to Bring a Towel




Today's Google doodle clued me in that today is the late Douglas Adam's birthday.  I have to mention him here, because his "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series still stands as the funniest books I've ever read.  My favorite is the secong book, "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe," for one thing, because as far as night club entertainment goes, what would beat that?  Although, after that you might find everything else wholly uninspiring.

In terms of my formative influences, Adams has a great deal to do with my sense of satire and sense of humor.  In fact, you'll notice than an earlier post of mine is titled "Don't Panic!" which is actually a reference to the cover of the hitchhiker's guidebook itself (above), which lists Earth as "mostly harmless."   I remain skeptical.

No comments:

Post a Comment