Sunday, March 10, 2013

I Will Survive Social Networking


I wrote this some time ago to the tune of "I Will Survive."

First I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never blog
without you by my side
But I spent so many nights
thinking how you did me wrong
I grew strong
I learned how just logon
and so you're back
in cyberspace
I just logged in to find your post
with that sad look upon your face
I should have changed my username
I should have used a private key
If I had known for just one second
you'd be trying to friend me

Go on, tweet me no more
I unfriend you
'cause you're not welcome anymore
weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye
you think I'd crumble
you think I'd logoff and die
Oh no, not I
I will survive
as long as I know how to click
I know I’ll stay online
I've got all myspace to use
I've got all my friends to choose
and I'll survive
I will survive

It took all the strength I had
not to close my account
kept trying hard to mend
the pieces of my profile notes
and I spent oh so many nights
just feeling sorry for myself
I used to cry
Now I message with a smile
and you see me
somebody new
I'm not that strung out little geek
still in love with you
and so you felt like dropping in
and just expect me to be free
now I'm saving all my texts
for someone who's loving me

No comments:

Post a Comment