Sunday, March 10, 2013

Dry


I know it isn’t an oasis
Rippling at the horizon -
The heat makes that clear -
But I stumble towards it anyway,
Because it’s someplace to go:
A point of reference
In the featureless desert.
And how I found myself here
Is not lost on me,
As I have given up on the roads
Tracked beyond all landmarks
To make a fresh start.
Experience had taught me,
That some others
Venture into this no-man’s land
From time to time.
But their sojourn is a visit
Mine, a journey:
I’m in it for the long haul.


Did I have to come here?
Only if I wanted to live, I suppose.
I don’t feel lost
Or necessarily abandoned
So much as confused.
Maybe it’s the brightness
Of the sun bouncing
Off the sea of sand
That disorients and distorts.


This adventure, this exploration,
Unbinds time until it expands forever,
Aching onward, to the rhythm
Of the mirage ahead
With nothing left behind.

-03.10.13

No comments:

Post a Comment