Monday, February 10, 2014

My Mindscape Starting 2014

If you've been a reader of this blog in the past, I truly thank you for your patience.  I really didn't know if I was going to get back to this at all for a while.  If you're new to this blog, welcome! I hope that it interests you maybe even helps.

Why has it been 6 months+ since I wrote here? Well, last year turned out to be a bit rough. I spent about a week in the hospital in the late spring after I had just really gotten the blog thing going.  I didn't know how to talk about it.  Of all the things that you'd think would be "interesting" it just wasn't. It was sad.  It's rough on family and friends.  Why was I in this time? (for my 5th hospitalization?) There 's only one reason they lock you up. They assess you and deem you potentially dangerous to yourself and / or others.  What went wrong? Something in my brain.  In retrospect it seems like changes in my meds caused stress which led to my breakdown.

Then, just about the time I wanted to start writing again, my Dad had a heart attack and ended up changed forever. I managed a couple of posts there in July, but I decided that if I was going to blog, I'd be really off topic because all I'd be talking about is how my father's decline in health had effected me.  It wouldn't have been pretty redundant for a long time: this sucks.  Then as my father slowly regained some strength due to a new medication regimen it would have been differently redundant: this sucks a little less.

In short, last year sucked, and may have not been the best time to start blogging.  Or maybe it was just the right time, because it's when I was inspired.  In any case, my daily life is totally different because Dad really isn't independent anymore.  He can do some basic things for himself, but he needs a lot of support, too.

My therapist, who feels I'm a bit manic lately, has nudged me gently to keep writing this blog when I felt like I could.  I have some new issues for the new year, so, "why not share?" is kind of where I'm at.

Please join me here and feel free to comment!



No comments:

Post a Comment