Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Igloo Mindset

So, my therapist has a theory about what stress could be causing my serious hallucinations.  She noted a theme of a kind of "entrapment" lately.  I do feel kind of trapped inside the house. I'm sure I'm not alone. For most of the country, this winter has been harsh to say the least. 

But, for me, it seems to be a bit more than the "winter blues" or even seasonal effective disorder.  My first problem is that I live in the suburbs and I don't drive.  That in itself is a constant source of frustration, so little things like getting out with someone else driving or just taking a walk mean so much.  Well, it probably won't surprise you that I haven't been out doing much walking and my family has been avoiding going out for the most part.  

It's hard, and again, I know I'm not alone, but it's just been wave after wave of cold and snow.  It makes me feel like I live in a little igloo trying to stay warm. Now, I'm not complaining about living in a home and having heat, but could it just be Spring already?

There's really no way to be sure if that's why I'm so stressed. But, I wonder. So, here's a haiku for today:

Frozen Neurons

Cold and snow abound
No where to go but online
Is this why I write?


No comments:

Post a Comment